Sunday, December 21, 2008

A Prayer for the Damned

Revenge on my mind
replays of the deed spinning
slowly as my pain rewinds
to see the winking, smiling face
revulsion brashly winding up around
to force my hand, but
Mozart's fifth playing softly slows me down
far-away-look peers into time
and best-served-cold it comes to town

Nurturing father, me
the potter, fate, my child of clay,
scheming into night, the plotter,
bringing hate to life and play,
bottled and preserved, a moment,
by a cold heart lest it strays,
stalking memories in the dark
lest they lose their way

As i gently run my fingers
through his mangled, evil hairs,
to the restless demon on a leash
i whisper Godless prayers
"Patience, patience, child, thy will be done,
like the wisdom of things that chime
slowly but surely you must bide your time,
forgive not, forget not their trespasses, this crime shall pay,
and twisted justice will be delivered
and see the light of day"

-Amit

3 comments:

  1. Gave me goosebumps!You have some awesome metaphors in there.
    Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've said it before and I'll say it again; I CANNOT believe you haven't been writing a long time. A perfect mix of humanistic and evil ingredients, conflicted and contorted images!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey, thanks for the kind words guys!

    ReplyDelete